The Guide: Walking Away

Last Friday, my girlfriend and I dropped by Zara in Power Plant to check out the last day of their Mid-year Sale. Now I didn't plan on buying anything (my girlfriend scored some sweet shoes for 1,000 bucks), but I just can't deny the impression that these plain old white sneakers had on me!

Talk about standing out in a crowd

I know they were as basic as can be, but I just had to try them on. A bit on the snug side with the no-show socks, but I forced, nay, managed to make them fit. However, as I was admiring the kicks in all its plain glory, it hit me: I don't need 'em. Yes, it was one of those great moments of personal enlightenment!

Beautiful but just not for me

I realized that I already had several shoes that can fill in for its purpose as a casual shoe. Heck, I even have 2 white shoes already that I rarely use due to the fear of contamination. It'd be downright selfish of me to get these and deny a person the joy of having them. With that thought, I took pictures to remember the shoes by and bid them farewell.

I liked the gray heel and subtle striped lining peeping out

But it is time to say goodbye

The next time you see shoes or any other item you'd like to have, just ask yourself first what purpose it will serve you. If the need is already being catered to by something very similar, just walk away and think of the poor soul that will have cared for them better than you would've in all your fashion gluttony!

Yes, my friends, learning to walk away is one of the greatest lessons one should learn in his continued style maturity, one that will save you not only money, but closet space for the items that you actually use with regularity. Makes enough sense, doesn't it, bruh?


I hope these babies found a home!

0 comments:

Post a Comment