The Happening: Really, John Lloyd, Really?

I've always admired the style of John Lloyd Cruz. Heck, I even heralded him as the only true Filipino Style Icon on this blog. But how does he repay me? By going out in this number when Swatch unveiled him as their new endorser! I know, what the hell?

"Welcome to the circus!"

He told the reporters that he was trying to experiment more with his style. And boy, did he ever. Awkward double-breasted jacket, salmon pink cropped pants, and orange shoes? The man just went overboard with this one. The color of the pants and the shoes were too close and that jacket was really not a great fit. Man, I love color as much as the next guy, but like I've mentioned before, please keep the volume down!

Anyhow, I actually thought of revoking his Style Icon status on the blog, but I realized that don't we all make style mistakes at one point or another? I know I have in my hip-hop days. Falling down's an everyday thing, but getting back up? That's what the great ones do. So prove me right and do it, JLC!

If only the trousers were of a neutral color...

Photo courtesy of Chuvaness and The Fash Pack

2 comments:

Unknown said...

he explained that it was because of his upcoming movie with Vilma Santos where he will play as a gay guy, actually a love interest of Luis Manzano, I think it was all experimental,all for his character in the movie...

Styles I Love said...

well, i guess it's method acting at its finest then! but wait, don't gay men know better than to do this? they're the stylish ones!

Post a Comment