The Guide: Bad Hair Days

I had a haircut yesterday as it's been two weeks since my last (my hair grows out really fast). And as I sat there in the P50 barber shop I always go to, I got to thinking, "Is this cut really as good as it gets for me?" You see, my friends, I have curly/kinky hair and the only real great look for me really is a lack of hair, thus, the buzz cut I always get.

To feel better, I've compiled a list of select cuts that make me cringe whenever I see them. The people who sport this might have a full head of hair, but damn it, with the abominations they sport, it actually makes me feel better about my lack thereof. So dear readers, some sound advice: Please, don't try this at home.

The Superman Bang

Seen on the noggins of celebrities like Luis Manzano, Rayver Cruz and Bong Revilla, this single man-bang which is often curled bugs the hell out of me. What could have been a classic cut is ruined by a unwelcome twist, literally and figuratively. A note to these people: Only the Man of Steel can make this look good!

Luis Manzano accepting an award for best bang? Nahhh...

The Faux Hawk-Bangs Combo

Often sported by those of emo persuasion, I see this look every single day and yet still hate it as much as I did the first time I saw it. A mash-up of two "edgy" haircuts, I just find it too gelled up, too unnatural, and too all over the place for my preference. A word of advice: choose one cut and stick with it! In this case, there really is no getting the best of both worlds!

And I thought the cut couldn't get any worse...jeez

The Non-Haircut Haircut
A lot of girls love Robert Pattinson and that's okay, really. Let's face it, the guy is handsome. Thank goodness though that he doesn't realize that he can look even better if he trims that bush on top of his dome. A real mess in every sense of the word, he almost made the upgrade once but then grew it out again. Thanks Rob, for setting the benchmark a lil' lower for the rest of us.

A little trim goes a long way, R-Patz. Keep it short and simple!

The WTF Mullet
I'm not sure if Mickey Perz (a.k.a. the most awkward dancer ever) of Pinoy Big Brother fame still has this style, but it spawned many followers who actually believed this looked good. Obviously the product of a blindfolded barber who lost a bet, this monstrosity has unfortunately stuck around, leaving me no recourse but to just look away and hope it goes away.

Dear Lord, he's even smiling in the picture too!

A word to the wise: When thinking about what haircut to get, go for classic styles just to be safe. If ever you do fancy ones that are a bit eccentric, just make sure to look at the mirror and ask yourself if you're making a mistake. Believe me, one long look is all you need for you to realize if it's probably going to end up on this list.

Photo courtesy of Abante Tonite

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why don't you try growing your hair like MJ when he was younger? That would be different. You just need to tame it every now and then.

Styles I Love said...

pam! so nice of you to make your presence felt! miss you, by the way.

anyhow, i just don't think the afro look suits me. my hair is not frizzy but more of "you know what" hair. haha!

drop by the office and bring me some chocolates!

Post a Comment