The Happening: The Prodigal Shirt

Last May, I eyed this Classic Fit White Oxford from Gap but decided to pass on it. Two days after, I was still thinking about it and decided to just go and get it. As bad luck would have it though, the saleslady said they just changed seasons that day and the oxford I wanted magically vanished, never to be found, even in the stockroom. I.was.pissed.

Fast forward to today, when I dropped by Gap in G4. They were on sale, I was waiting for my girlfriend, so what the heck. I spotted a pale yellow oxford (not Classic Fit, though) which I liked on sale. I was going to buy it when I asked about a white version. The lady said they didn't have any, but after checking other branches, she found one in Mall of Asia.

So to Mall of Asia I went with my dear patient partner and asked about the shirt. And when the saleslady handed it over, it was the same Classic Fit White Oxford that got away some months back! I felt like the skies opened up and the shirt's true destiny was fulfilled. The one that got away is finally home where it damn sure well belongs!

Love it.

Finally. The perfect white shirt!

Man, I'm gonna use the hell outta this one!

5 comments:

cd_mfo said...

"If it comes back again, then it's meant to be!" Congratulations for getting back together with your "destiny"! I love that "reunited" feeling! Such a high! Heehee!

Styles I Love said...

Yes!!! As in my eyes grew bigger and angels were singing in the background when they handed over the shirt!

I remember being so sad/mad before pa naman when I lost out. Man, it's really meant to be!

Thanks Tin! Hope everything's well and Berry's doing fine in all her cuteness!

DJ said...

Bobby, I am still waiting for my prodigal bag. =(

Styles I Love said...

Awwww! Cheer up, Dhon! I know exactly how you feel! If it all worked out for me, by God, you're gonna get your bag too!

ALPHABETICALIFE said...

Definitely something to celebrate! I swear by oxfords as well and I stock up on shirts from Muji and Uniqlo.

I'll be going home to Manila this August and I'm meeting up with my blogger friends (Ram of bluestain.blogspot.com and Timmy of A Greige Matter). Was wondering if you'd like to join us. You seem like someone who shares our common interests. Lemme know!

-Ant

Post a Comment