The Happening: The Sartorialist's Slip Ups from the Spring 2010 Shows

Scott Schuman (a.k.a. The Sartorialist) has an eye for style unlike any other. One of the OGs when it comes to capturing standout street style, he does get it right most of time, thus, the massive success of his blog. Of course, like any human, there's the occasional slip up.

And that's where these shots come along. While some people may agree with Mr. Schuman with regard to the aesthetic value of these looks, I cannot bring myself to believe that they indeed have any. Call it speaking my mind, going against the tide, being my own man, but hell, I just can't imagine myself in such atrocious ensembles.

Well, that's just me, anyways. You may or may not like the pictures, but one thing's for sure: The Sartorialist is a genius and slip up or not, he will always be an inspiration and icon.

He called this "urban camouflage." I call it house carpet disaster.

His jacket may be nice, but his hat and the scarf scream Huckleberry Finn

And finally...good god almighty.

Photos courtesy of Men.Style

4 comments:

ALPHABETICALIFE said...

The first and the last ones scare me. :-|

Styles I Love said...

The last one is particularly disconcerting! I don't know what to not like about it first! The sheerness? The lace detailing? Or the fact that he's serious about the look? One of the worst I've seen to date for sure!

Joni Andrea said...

Hahaha this post is funny! But yes, the third one is just atrocious. :O

Styles I Love said...

Haha! Yes! Maybe if I was a grandma I'd wear it, but I'd have to be a super tacky grandma from the 60s. :D

Post a Comment