The Item: Gap Dual Collar Jacket

Just to make things clear, I'm not a fan of detachable dual purpose clothing. I just think they try a little too hard to be versatile to the point of being annoying. Remember those pants with zippers around the knees which you can turn into shorts? Dark days, man, dark days. Which is why I find this dual collar jacket from Gap confusing. Despite my hatred for two-in-ones, I can't help but be attracted to it.

After thinking long and hard about it, I think it boils down to the fact that jacket combines the collar types of my two favorite kinds of outerwear: the harrington and the baseball jacket. The execution of the tacky details are kept to a minimum in my opinion, with the zipper just slightly peeking out. The color's not bad too and because I'm into all things khaki nowadays, it's really a no-brainer. The only struggle is with the price. At P6,000+ a pop, it has me thinking if I should buy two jackets instead. Either way, another good job by Gap.

It's a harrington now...

But it turns into a baseball jacket, just like that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment