The Item: Puma 917 Mid Factory

I made a promise to myself recently that I won't buy sneakers anymore. It's not that I no longer like them, it's just that I've noticed that I end up not wearing quite a few pairs, which generally means I already have too much. That said, I still have a hard time looking away from this pair right 'ere from Puma.

Even if you're not a fan of the brand in particular, you just have to admire the concept and craftsmanship behind these shoes. The 917 Mid Factory, as it's called, draws inspiration from a racing heritage and took its name from the Porsche 917, the same car Steve McQueen drove in "Le Mans."

What I love most about it though is the paint job. With all the beautiful sketch detailing, it presents this 2D illusion, as if you tore the shoes right out of an artist's drawing book.
So lovely yes, but I keep on telling myself I don't need it, so y'all better run to select Shoe Salon branches now and buy them out before I do!

Pay attention to the imperfect finish of the paint, even the laces have it!

Just like wearing a painting on your foot, ain't it?

2 comments:

khaz said...

cool kicks. it's so tongue in cheek

Styles I Love said...

thanks khaz. they're pretty special for a pair from shoe salon. i'd expect to see this at theodore's. but well done, nonetheless.

Post a Comment