The Brand: Oliver Goldsmith Bespoke Glasses

I've been wearing glasses since I was 6, and one problem I've always had is that all the pairs I've tried on don't seem to fit me. For some reason, there's always something wrong (too tight, too big, slanting to the right, wounding my ears, the nosepiece leaves a mark, trust me, I've gone through all of them in 15 years).

Despite everything, though, I still opt for specs as opposed to 'tacts because it gives me that nerdy intellectual air that's always been one of my trademarks. Not to mention, it also adds yet another piece to stylize. So for all of us who insist to get our nerd on in a way that's truly ours, Oliver Goldsmith glasses are worth checking out.

Just off the heels of my bespoke adventure in Kamuning, I present to you the most recognizable brand in the world that makes...wait for it...bespoke glasses! Boasting years of experience in the custom made game, they are the only company that still makes glasses completely by hand, so precise about it that it they only produce hundreds of pairs a year, so passionate that they'll take their damn time finishing yours.

With a process that includes your choosing of the material, shape, and fit of the glasses, you have total control of the finished product. After you've told them what you want, it's up to their seasoned craftsmen to put together your frames, using nothing "but a skilled eye and a steady hand to scuplt them to perfection."

While the owner herself admits that it is difficult to see the difference with a machine-made and hand-made number, she insists there is. To all of us who've been forced by destiny to sport them and have for decades, you bet there is. In this day and age of machine-based imperfection, I say theirs is a process that is bespoke at its best.

The great Michael Caine wore OGs with flair

A more modern interpretation from some stylish Japanese fellow

A stunning example of the masterpieces you can create

Old Skool: Now this is how you make glasses!

2 comments:

Collegegirl said...

Oliver smith glasses..this much behind that..Excellent blog, nice post. I love the contents and thoughts. I am so proud to vote for this beautiful blog. I hope many friends like Danaty, Freearticle, Fengshui, chinafan, freearticle will Vote for u. I expect your valuable suggestions about
my favorite Business Blog. I hope you will grace me with your precious Vote using this link.
http://bloggerschoiceawards.com/blogs/show/69551

Styles I Love said...

hey collegegirl! thanks for the sweet words! sure, il check out your site and drop some of my thoughts. expect my vote soon! :)

Post a Comment