Style I Love: Nothing But the Basics

I'm gonna let you guys in on a little secret, okay? Despite what I or anybody may say, you don't need to have a lot of extravagant pieces in your closet to have fine style. It's really about how you put things together, how you make your outfit more than the sum of its parts. Hell, you can just put basics together and end up looking pretty sharp. That's the mark of a true man of style in my book - a trait that was so expertly exhibited by Erich when I met him last Saturday at the Rockwell Urban Bazaar.

If you examine his get-up closely, nothing really stands out. Thick framed glasses, well-fitting button-down, no non-sense belt, ankle length trousers, discreet loafers - all pretty standard issue to me. When you consider the totality of the look, however, you'll see a man who's a level above every other guy you'll see at the mall. Maybe it was the effort of tucking the shirt in which made the difference. Or maybe it was the fact that every piece fit him so well. Whatever it was, he made the most out of what he wore. Like a true man of style, he made the basics his own.

Short-sleeved Button-down (Uniqlo), Belt (Marks and Spencer)
Ankle Length Trousers (Tailored), Loafers (Superga)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. An avid follower of your blog. I was wondering if I could invite you to see my pre owned stuff for sale at lependerie.multiply.com? I'm selling stuff from brands like Topman, Zara, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Paul Smith, to name a few.

- Nate

Styles I Love said...

Hi Nate. Sure thing! I'm looking through your stuff now. Thanks for the tip! Hope I find something sweet. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for looking into it. Hope you do find something. :-)

- Nate

Chris said...

Hi, I was wondering if you could help me with one of your posts from last year. Here is the link: http://stylesilove.blogspot.com/2009/09/guide-getting-right-frames.html I need to know what model number are those frames? I looked on the ray-ban website but couldn't find them anywhere! Can you please help me? Thanks!

Styles I Love said...

Hey Chris! Honestly, I don't know the number of the frames. But they're quite easy to find. My girlfriend got them at Almeda Optical in Glorietta 4, beside the in-mall entrance to Rustan's on the 2nd floor. Good luck! :)

Chris said...

Im in the States. Maybe they don't have that particular model here. I went to a bunch of stores and only found the RX5154 model...The model isn't written on the side of the glasses? I must have them haha!

Chris said...

I think i found the model. rx 5020 can you confirm? Thanks!

Post a Comment