The Store: Glenmore Bespoke Shoes

The most awesome discoveries in life are those you don't expect. That's exactly what went down in Metrowalk today when I went to search for some new DVDs, but instead found this amazing shoe store hidden among all the pirated goods. In contrast to everything around it, boy, was this stuff legit. It was a custom shoe shop where you could design your dream shoes and have it hand-made and turned over to you in a week. So utterly awesome.

I've been looking for a store like this for the longest time!

A taste of what this wonderful discovery can do

The store's called Glenmore Shoes and if you ask your dad or lolo, they'd probably know about it. The store's been around since the 60s, but the the family that owns it only revived it a year and a half ago. Better late than never I'd say, because based on the samples I saw, these guys know what they're doing. They know classic shapes, they know fine craftsmanship, and they know quality materials. Always a stellar combination.

For only P4,300, you could already have some self-designed brogues, oxfords, and loafers! If you think that's pricey, how about I tell you that you can pit their products against the high-end pairs you can find in Rustan's? You know, the Marc Jacobs and the John Varvatoses of the world? An effing bargain if you ask me, son. As for their moccasins, they go for P1,850 and they make some fine ass desert boots too.


These brogues are perfect, just like they made them in decades past!

Goodbye Topman Mocs! These mocs are just as good if not better!

Some lovely loafers for your consideration

Tasty Clarks-ish desert boots for a lot less!

Clearly, this opens up a whole lot of options for my shoe closet and yours. It's like being a kid in the candy store. Matter of fact, I already have some ideas of what shoes I want made. How about some blue brogues like this? Or some tasseled loafers like this? Or some wonderful desert boots like this? Sky's the limit, you guys, and I think I'm not exagerrating when I say that this is quite possibly the most wonderful discovery I've had this year!

Glenmore Shoes
Unit 19-G, 2nd Floor, Metrowalk Complex
Meralco Avenue, Pasig City, Philippines
Landline: 409.8960
Mobile: 0908.491.8790
http://glenmoreshoes.com

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Their boots are awesome too...O:)

Post a Comment