The Happening: Tsim Sha Tsui Shopping

Words cannot describe how I felt when we landed in Hong Kong. Just ask my girlfriend. I was literally foaming in the mouth in anticipation. What we've waited for for six months was finally here, and we wanted to hit the ground running to set the tone for the rest of our stay.

After a quick check-in at our conveniently located hotel in Tsim Sha Tsui (Butterfly on Prat St.) and lunch in a Chinese restaurant in Knutsford Steps, the games officially began. First up was the Miramar Shopping Centre on Nathan Road. It was small compared to the nearby colossal malls, but what it lacked in size, it made for in offerings. It housed favorites like Uniqlo, i.t, and Muji, giving me only about 30 minutes before I made my first purchases.

About a five-minute walk from the Tsim Sha Tsui MTR Station

While the goods of i.t and Muji were quite lovely in their own rights, my first cash-outs all happened in Uniqlo. I mean, how can I say no to a salmon oxford shirt, sky blue cotton chinos, and a use-it-with-anything striped shirt? How about all three items for only P2,000? Dear lord, I thought they were kidding me! Only that much for three pieces which will now figure prominently in my wardrobe rotations!


The home of classic pieces in a multitude of colors!

A fun oxford variation from the typical whites, blues, and yellows

Ditto, for this ultra comfortable sky blue cotton chinos!

A basic striped roundneck shirt: What's not to like?

Still hungry for more, we moseyed over to Silvercord Mall on Canton Road to check out what we could find. Their store lineup was much better than Miramar's with a two-floor H&M, three i.t stores (one designer, one youth-oriented, one outlet), and the Nike flagship store with a Nike iD Studio to name a few. I wasn't able to get anything, but believe you me, you're bound to find something good 'ere.

The men's department is quite small, so no go for me at this branch

You can customize Nike's trademark pieces as you wish here!

Right across Silvercord is Harbour City - the largest mall in Hong Kong - filled with high-end designer brands. Needless to say, I wasn't able to grab anything here, but window shopping at stores like Lanvin, Prada, and Louis Vuitton gave me a sneak peek into what could be (soon, baby, soon). Overall, shopping in Tsim Sha Tsui took us the whole day and while our feet hurt like hell, it left us excited to see what Hong Kong had for us in the coming days.

If you love premium brands, this is your place!

1 comments:

jemai said...

bobby, did you guys go to Granville when you were there? it's near Miramar, and it's to DIE for.

Post a Comment