The Item: Terrem Forests Deck Shoes

I love the idea of hybrid shoes. The only problem is most of the time, the actual idea just looks good on paper, and then the execution comes, leaving me to think that it was really just too good to be true.

But where many have failed, the Japanese brand Terrem succeeds. They have a provided a product that meshes the elements of 3 shoes together seamlessly into one awesome piece of art. Here I present their so-christened Deck Shoes - part boat shoe, part loafer, part sneaker and 100% amazing.

Combining the distinct lacing of the boat shoe, some beautiful loafer detailing, and the sole of a sneaker, these shoes transcend outfit barriers and can be worn with mostly anything. It's sophisticated and sporty at the same time, which is something I feel a lot of designers try to do, but have not impressed, at least in the models I've seen.

So bravo, Terrem. The tassel details on the laces was the cherry on top of the sundae. The next step? Make these available here. Pronto.

The black color way is impressive already...

But I just love, love, love the brown ones so much better

Photos courtesy of Hypebeast

0 comments:

Post a Comment