The Item: Commes Des Garcons Gradient Shirt

I've been a fan of basic Ts for quite a while now. I stand by them, recommend them, and I even bothered writing about them in a post here. However, as much as I love the classics, I'm always open to experimenting with style. That's where items like the Commes Des Garcons gradient shirt come in.

Featuring a soft pink gradient and a yellow pocket for pop, the shirt provides an interesting aesthetic that will definitely garner some, if not a lot of, attention on the mean streets of Manila. Clearly a not-for-everyone shirt, I was previously on the fence with this one, as it reminded me for some reason of the tie dye debacle of the 70s.

After some deep reflection, though, and thinking of some things to wear it with (Topman Blue Tailored Shorts, for one), all was clear. This particular gradient shirt is exactly what I need to divert every so often from the basic shirts that I've come to depend on more often than not.
After a while, the shirt's distinct charm just grows on you


So that's why it looks so familiar. That John Lloyd...

Photo courtesy of Selectism

0 comments:

Post a Comment