The Item: Colored Socks

Over the years, I've noticed that men in general have become more comfortable with color. More and more, I see them on the streets wearing brightly hued ties, exaggerated shoes, and even funky eyewear. What doesn't get as much attention though (especially here) are socks, which is rather unfortunate.

Unknown to many, simply playing with the color of one's socks makes an outfit look fresh and interesting. Case in point: Right now, I am wearing a white short-sleeved polo, charcoal gray slacks, and my cream colored Sperry Top-Siders. Now add to that the yellow socks I'm also sporting. Ridiculous? To some, definitely. But to me, it makes my otherwise boring outfit feel new and youthful; a type of rebeliousness too, in a way, to the black socks that have become uniforms in our office.

This expression of "fuck the rules" and the added aesthetic appeal makes wearing colored socks a mainstay in my repertoire. If you agree, then head on to Celio. They have nice colored and patterned ones that not only look great, they feel great too.

Red socks look amazing with just about any color!

The shoes and pants are nice, but what do you notice first?

Photos courtesy of GQ and Men's Flair.

0 comments:

Post a Comment