The Item: Basic Sneakers

One thing I've noticed every time I go out is the massive number of kids wearing chunky high-top sneakers. Whether they be Nike Dunks, Supra Skytops, or whatever sneakerhead favorite, I exaggerrate not when I say they are literally everywhere these days. This is not a bad thing per se, being an admitted Nike Dunk fan myself, but recently (probably due to aging), I've found that I gravitate more towards what I'd like to call basic sneakers.

Basic sneakers for me are defined by their minimalistic designs and their simplistic cut. The brand that most defines it is Keds. While regarded by many as boring, I think that these shoes have a silent appeal to them. Unlike chunky high-tops, they highlight the shape of your feet in the same way a well fitted shirt flatters your torso. They feel comfortable as hell too and the fact that they go with just about anything (shorts, jeans, khakis, corduroy, slacks, you name it!) adds to their status as one of the most practical and stylish shoes in existence.

The Original: The Ked's Champion

From Fred Perry


My Recent Rave: Topman Plimsolls

My Red Statement Shoes ($12 from H&M)

2 comments:

AC said...

hey bobby!

love the posts so far! nike dunks and supra skytops are what those bright colored tongued-out sneakers called pala! those shoes annoy me though. thanks for the info

for me, basic sneakers are the absolute essential to any man's warbrobe, and the perfect complement to skinny/slim cut jeans have you seen the lastest collection of plimsolls from topman? oh, and can you feature your pick on some man bags (satchels) on your future posts as well? many thanks!

casper

AC said...

from casper :)

Post a Comment